-->

Friday 21 June 2013

Connie's Diary: Home and Thank You NT!

Home to boys


After an eventful and action packed trip to Darwin Love Your Sister went on their way, on to the next town to spread the word and raise money, and I went home to my boys. I miss them terribly when I go away and it is always lovely to see them all when I get home. Hammy ran up to me and jumped on my lap (in the wheelchair at the airport) and asked ‘Where is my present mummy?’ They get a little gift every time I go away for Love Your Sister because I feel guilty for deserting them, especially when I know my time is limited. This time I got them little pewter animals, a frilled neck lizard and a crocodile which started lots of lovely conversation bout native animals. It’s great to be home.


Thanks Darwin and all the Territorians who supported LYS Darwin


I find myself overwhelmed once more by the generosity and community mindedness of people and businesses who give what they can, think of ways to raise money, and spread the word far and wide, for women not to fall into the booby trap, to be breast aware.


Express Signs did vehicle wrapping advertising that Love Your Sister was coming to town. They were eye catching and effective and donated totally free of charge. 



Yamaha Darwin provided discounted service and tyres so the Love Your Sister could keep going on the journey, Thanks for helping us out at late notice and much discounted rates. This sort of help keeps the wheels turning on the whole event and doesn’t go unnoticed by us.


Campari paid for meals and provided great prizes for raffles and auctions, and the delightful Jennifer helped us organise events and made things run smoothly.


The media in Darwin have been so helpful, helping us get the word out to people that we were in town, without them we wouldn’t have had so many people turning up knowing about the Love Your Sister cause so a huge thanks to the following media for all of your support.


Hot 100 Radio – Tom & Courts


Mix 104.9 - Mel Little


ABC Radio


NT News


Channel 9


Channel 10



And check out this extensive list of businesses who contributed prizes for the raffles and auctions that all helped in raising the huge amounts that we raised at all of the events here.


Viva La Vida


Territory Sports Medicine


Sculpt Hair & Beauty


Darwin Airport Shuttle


Springfield Butchers


KTM Massage


Mary River Wilderness Retreat


Happy 2 B Home Pet Minding


Arafura Blue Water Charters


Parap Day Spa


Equinox Fishing Charters


Ooolala Beauty


Flight Path


Deckchair Cinema


Chic Signs


Dominoes Pizza


Adelaide River Queen


Bewitched Jewellry


Keep informed on TwitterFacebook and Instagram 


Of course, please continue your support by donating!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Sam and Connie read every comment.