-->

Monday 17 June 2013

Connie's Diary: Stay with Steve and Michelle

Today was a day to say goodbye to Sam (and Jonno and Ley Ley) again. I said good bye from Fed Square, and then again from Adelaide, but this time it crippled me. I just didn’t want to say good bye, perhaps it’s because I don’t know when I’ll see him again. Perhaps it’s because I have ended up in hospital this trip and it reminded me that I am unwell, that all this is uncertain and that I am terminal. I was a blithering wreck, hardly able to stand up I didn’t want to say goodbye so badly. After a very emotional good bye I spent the day resting. Then, after being ferried around Darwin and taken to the emergency ward by our beautiful hosts, Michelle Teather and Steve Ellis, I finally got to stop and have a chat with them tonight. It was great to sit, eat together, and chat. We talked, we laughed, we cried and then we laughed some more. It was great to have some time to sit down and get to know each other and we had such a good night that I was so glad I stayed longer.


When I cried I went and got a roll of toilet paper, to use as tissues, and Michelle exclaimed ‘We do have tissues here you know!’ She had been finding rolls of toilet paper around the house the whole time we had been there, ‘cos Sam and I, and the crew were all grabbing a roll whenever anyone teared up. We joked that I was crying so much that I needed a string around my neck to hang the roll on, and Steve, low and behold produced a camping toilet roll holder, on a string for me to carry around when I am teary. It was so funny I cried tears of laughter, and needed the toilet roll again.


Keep informed on TwitterFacebook and Instagram 


Of course, please continue your support by donating!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Sam and Connie read every comment.